Our response to the
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
June 1 Update
We will be opening the the office in stages beginning June 1, performing non-invasive procedures at this time. Dr Gotelli will begin seeing patients today, and we anticipate Dr Sowins will be returning mid-June. Our hygienists will also be returning June 1 with a revised schedule.
We're doing our best to get all the missed appointments rescheduled with the limited number of appointments we are allowed each day. We will be in contact with everyone as we move forward. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all work through this.
Things may look a little different at your next appointment:
While we have always maintained the highest Infection Control Standards, we have taken additional precautions to keep both our patients and staff even safer.
- We have removed all carpeting in the office and installed barriers at the front desk.
- We have hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and tissues placed throughout the office.
- We have HEPA air filters in our treatment rooms and reception area while we are waiting for three additional Surgically Clean Air systems to arrive.
- Our hygienists will be using High Volume Evacuation Systems and additional Exterior Aerosol Vacuums have been ordered.
- We will be scheduling with social distancing in mind, so no more than two patients will be allowed in the reception room at one time. Staffing will also be kept to a daily minimum to allow for social distancing.
- All magazines have been removed and we will disinfect waiting area between patients.
- All staff will be donned in the required PPE and we will be asking all patients to wear masks when in the common areas of the office. We will have masks available for those that need them.
- All staff will be evaluated for cold or flu like symptoms and their temperatures taken prior to them entering the office. Any staff with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be asked to go home.
In addition, we have implemented the following procedures that will be standard protocol for the duration of the pandemic:
- When we call to confirm your appointment, we will be asking you a number of pre-screening questions, which we will ask you again at the time of your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please read the notice on the door. We will be taking your temperature and you will be asked the screening questions again. If we are ready for you, you will be taken directly back to the treatment room. If we are not ready for you, we may ask you to wait in the reception room, outside, or in your car if you prefer, and we will call you when the room is finished being prepared for you.
- With the additional PPE that the staff is required to wear, the office may be even colder than usual. We do have blankets available for patient comfort, but you may want to bring an additional sweater as well if you so desire.
- We will direct you to the restroom or treatment room to rinse with a solution prior to beginning your procedure.
Some things that you can do to help us maintain a safe environment:
- We ask that if you or anyone you have been in close contact with, are not feeling well or have had cold or flu like symptoms within the last 14 days, that you reschedule your appointment.
- Wear a mask while in the common areas of the office.
- Practice proper hand hygiene, respiratory and cough etiquette while in the office.
- If a caregiver or guardian needs to accompany you to your appointment, we ask that you bring only one, if possible.
- For those patients who fall into a higher risk category for a more severe response to COVID-19, you may want to reschedule your appointment.
We encourage you to visit the websites of the following official health organizations for further information on protecting yourselves and others:
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
World Health Organization
When you visit our office, your smile is our top priority. Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with the personalized, gentle care that you deserve.
Part of our commitment to serving our patients includes providing information that helps them to make more informed decisions about their oral health needs. This website is a resource we hope you’ll find both useful and interesting.
Some of the services we provide include:
• Cleanings & Exams
• Porcelain Veneers
• Tooth Colored Fillings
• Porcelain Crowns
• Additional Services
New Patients Welcome
New patients click here to learn about appointments & payment options as well as find answers to frequently asked questions, download patient forms & more.
We genuinely hope this site is helpful to you in learning more about our practice, dental conditions, treatments, recommendations, and more.
Contact Us! Schedule Appointment Today!
Please browse through our website, and be sure to give us a call if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
CALL US: 805-963-2041 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
SOWINS AND GOTELLI
1515 State Street, Ste. 3
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Fax: 805 963-7932