INFECTION CONTROL PROTOCOL
While we have always maintained the highest Infection Control Standards, we have taken the following additional precautions to keep both our patients and staff even safer, and will continue to practice in this manner.
- We have removed all carpeting in the office and installed barriers at the front desk.
- We have hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and tissues placed throughout the office.
- We have installed a door to separate the front of the office from the treatment rooms in the back.
- Our hygienists are now using the High Volume Evacuation Systems the doctors have always used, along with an Exterior Aerosol Vacuum to help capture the aerosols created chairside if needed.
- We have Surgically Clean Air Purification systems in the treatment rooms which remove any of the aerosols missed. Each device has High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters and Activated Carbon filters, as well as UV & Titanium Dioxide sterilization systems within the device. The combination of the Surgically Clean Air’s filtration and purification process effectively captures 99.9% of all particulates.
- All magazines have been removed and we disinfect the waiting room, bathroom, all door handles and other common areas.
Some things that you can do to help us maintain a safe environment:
- We ask that if you or anyone you have been in close contact with, are not feeling well or have had cold or flu like symptoms that you reschedule your appointment.
- Practice proper hand hygiene, respiratory and cough etiquette while in the office.
- If a caregiver or guardian needs to accompany you to your appointment, we ask that you bring only one, if possible.
We encourage you to visit the websites of the following official health organizations for further information on protecting yourselves and others:
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
American Dental Assocciation
World Health Organization